You must absolutely try making turkey tacos with turkey wings. I promise, you will love it and it’s gourmet enough to impress any guest. In this video, I give you two recipes for turkey wing tacos with mole and with avocado and coleslaw. Make Taco Tuesday something special with these recipes. Bon Appetito!
Turkey Wing Tacos
Luscious tacos made from turkey wings with a creamy avocado mash and cool slaw
- For turkey:
- 2 turkey wings (makes 6 tacos per wing)
- For avocado smash:
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon yuzu or lime juice
- For slaw:
- ½ napa cabbage, julienned
- 1 large red onion, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, such as apple cider
- 24 slices of pickled jalapeno
- 12 corn tortillas (preferably small)
- Step 1 Turkey:
- Step 2 Wash and thoroughly dry turkey wings.
- Step 3 Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt and leave in refrigerator uncovered or loosely covered for 24-36 hours.
- Step 4 Remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Step 5 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 6 Bake turkey wings for 2 hours until golden brown and falling off the bone. Let cool and remove turkey meat from bones.
- Step 7 Slaw:
- Step 8 Combine cabbage, onion and carrot in large bowl.
- Step 9 Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and vinegar, tossing to combine. Can be made up to 1 hour ahead.
- Step 10 Avocado smash:
- Step 11 Open avocado and scoop out flesh.
- Step 12 Add salt, pepper and yuzu or lime juice. Smash with fork to combine into paste.
- Step 13 Tortillas:
- Step 14 Heat grill or saute pan over high heat. Once very hot, place tortilla in pan for approximately 30 seconds until it softens and bubbles. Turn over and repeat on other side.
- Step 15 Place in tortilla warmer or cover and wrap well in kitchen towel. Continue until all tortillas are warmed. Tortillas can be made up to 1 hour ahead.
- Step 16 Assembly:
- Step 17 Place 3 tortillas on a plate.
- Step 18 Spread avocado on the bottom.
- Step 19 Top with turkey meat.
- Step 20 Add slaw to the top. Garnish with 2 pickled jalapenos.
- Step 21 Serve with Casillero del Diablo red, white or brut.